Thursday, November 18, 2010

To the Markets and the inlaws

I'm a little late posting this one!  Yesterday we packed up both the cars and headed to the Central Markets in Adelaide City.  We forgot that some of the stands aren't open on Wednesday, but there was still lots to see...and taste!  We were there for quite some time!  We got some freshly roasted nuts to munch on....oh they were good!  We bought some beetroot dip and bread.  That was good too!  Dad got some Sheep yogurt which I figured would taste like something that came from a goat.  I was so wrong!  It was SOOO good!!!!!  Very creamy! 

After that we headed up north to Darren's parents house.  We got there just before lunch and enjoyed some time outside before enjoying a late lunch.  Jen pulled out all the stops and we had a GREAT bbq!  Steak, lamb, sausages, rissoles, salads, potatoes......We had 3 desserts!  A chocolate cake, a pavlova and a lemon meringue pie.  Deb came and brought Chloe for a visit.  She's the cutest thing EVER!!!  I love being an Auntie!  I could kiss her little cheeks off!  Even Mark managed to pop in for a very quick hello.

We stayed there for the afternoon and then after 6 mom, Josephine, Amelia and I headed home.  Darren and Dad headed to the airport to pick up Nick.  He arrived and is spending a few days with us.  Mom and Dad were so happy to see him.  He's not the boy he was when they last seen him! 

Today we sort of relaxed, did a few chores and enjoyed each others company.  Mom and I went to the post office and we went for a stroll through the main street of Mount Compass.  After that we headed to the school to get Amelia and also had a wander through the Aldinga shops. 

Here are the pictures from our day:

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Cheryl,

    Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and great bbq with family... that is the most amazing and wonderful thing ever... FAMILY!!

    The photo of Mom on the drivers side gave me a double take.. I looked and freaked... ha ha ha. It is a strange photo... but a nice one.

    Mom and Dad look so happy... they are alway smiling and seem to be enjoying themselves so well.. I am so happy for that. Its so nice to see them there with everyone.

    Please say HI to Nick for me. It has been a long, long, long time since I have seen him. I am sure that he is not a boy anymore.. but a man!! Anyway.. give him a big hug and say HI to him for me.

    What did you do on your Birthday?? I'm looking forward to those photos too.

    Wishing you all a really great day.

    Many Hugs & Kisses to everyone!!
    Love you all and miss you all so much.

    Love,
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete