We had a nice day today. The weather was beautiful! 21c and sunny. The first sunshine mom and dad have seen since they got here! They came all the way here and have been freezing!!!! They walk around with sweaters on and turning our heater up. LOL I think they are looking forward to some of the warmer weather next week.
Today was the first day they have been out. Yesterday was mostly adjusting to the time difference and recovering from the trip. So today we went for a drive down Willunga hill, and we went to Morphette Vale to do a bit of shopping. We went for a drive through Port Noarlunga so they could see the beach there. It was such a sunny day that the ocean was bright blue, just like a post card!!!!
We had lunch and then we went to the Aldigna shops so they could see where Darren works and where we do a lot of our grocery shopping. Mom wanted to get a few things at the fruit and veg shop. It's quite amusing watching her pay for things and trying to figure out the Australian money! The person behind the counter usually ends up helping :o)
They saw their first Kangaroo yesterday! A mother and baby were across the road. Today the same 2 were just behind our back fence. Dad was outside and saw them. He was about 6 foot away from them, but by the time I came back with the camera, they were gone. I think maybe the dog scared them.
Mom helped me hang out some washing in the afternoon. She did all my ironing too despite my repeated reminders that she's on vacation! I don't think she knows how to be on vacation.
Darren came home and cooked a lovely risotto for them. Here's a picture of them with the girls while they were waiting for dinner.
Dad has some pictures on his Camera that I'll try to get up here too.
Cheryl

What a lovely picture of Elwood and Verna with the girls! They all look so happy. Veryl was so happy to get the call from Elwood last evening. Keep posting the pictures and the updates on their trip. Enjoy your time together...I am sure it will go too fast. Say hi to Elwood & Verna from all of us here in cold, rainy Miramichi.
ReplyDeleteCiao Cheryl and everyone,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful photo of Mom and Dad and all the Grandchildren. I love it. Everyone looks so happy.
I can imagine that the currency is much different and will take Mom and Dad a while to get used to, after all... they are only used to Canadian currency.
What do they think about driving on the opposite side of the road... that must have been something for them to see, and even to get used to. I am not so sure that one can get used to such a thing.. ha ha ;)
I am glad that they are enjoying their trip. I think it is so wonderful that they are there.
Keep us posted on their whereabouts. I love seeing their photos...
Have a great day Cheryl. Send everyone a big Hi from me with lots of Hugs and Kisses too.
Love you all so much.
Hugs & Kisses
Love
Shelley
xXx
Ahhhh, what a great picture. We all anxiously wait for the photos. It rained so much here today that the Mill Stream is flooding it's banks. Tell Elwood to bring me home the kangaroo. LOve ya!
ReplyDelete