Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's the Final Countdown......

I can't believe that in 6 days my parents will be here.   The last time I saw them was on April 12th 2004 at the Halifax airport.  After 6 1/2 years of wishing, and waiting, they are finally making the journey from New Brunswick, Canada to Adelaide, Australia.  The complete opposite end of the world! 

This is a long awaited, well deserved reunion!  The only reunion better than this will involve streets of gold and a pearly gate!

Sometimes I do wish it were the other way around and it was us going back home for a visit.  I'd love to see the rest of my family.  But for now, I'll take what I can get and enjoy the fact that my parents have waited many years for an adventure such as this! 

I wonder how they'll enjoy the drive home from the airport....on the wrong side of the road!  I'm sure Dad will be pressing the 'imaginary' brakes on the passenger side the whole time!  HA!  We've decided to take the route that will show them a small portion of the coastline.  Australian beaches are some of the best in the world!  I just hope it's a sunny day and the ocean is bright blue!  Very impressive when you see it for the first time.. 

Until next time,
Cheryl :o)

4 comments:

  1. This is great, Cheryl. I'll be checking this every day. Take lots & lots of pictures. Don't listen to your mother. Take lots of her too. I am sooo excited. Wish I was going too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    This is such a great idea... a keepsake for sure and I will be the same as Roma, checking here everyday to see what is hapepning.. ha ha.
    I am so excited that Mom and Dad are taking this adventure. I can just imagine how excited that you guy's are as well.
    Give them a big hug and kiss for me when they arrive.
    Love you Sissie!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl: I think this blog is a wonderful idea for friends and family of your mom's and dad's in New Brunswick to keep in touch. This will be the adventure of a lifetime for them, and it is so wonderful that they have this opportunity to see you and your family after all this time. I can only imagine their excitement as the plane touches down! We will praying for safe travels for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a hard time reading the screen , My eyes are all waterie. I'm soo excited for you all.( wiping tears from my cheek) God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete